Saturday, March 9, 2013

The "War Pigs" update

Soooo...while you might not know it to look at me (Jen), I am a fan of the band Black Sabbath, and particularly a fan of their song, "War Pigs."  Yes, I know...guilty pleasure.

On Wednesday during my commute with 20 dogs in my car (14 pups and 6 adults - it's like a whippet clown car), the song came on the classic rock station.  My inner teenager required that I crank up the volume to 11 on the dial, and belt out the lyrics along with Ozzy Osbourne - both Ozzy and I doing our best impression of the voice of the evil Emperor from the Star Wars movies.

I expected the pups to start yarping and fussing.   Yet - apparently they are also Sabbath fans.  To my surprise, instead of complaining, all 14 tilted  their little noses to air and burst into melodic howling, right in key with the air-raid sirens in the song.

Luckily, Ken counters my headbanger influence by exposing them to classical, jazz, flamenco, and a whole host of other musical selections...

Rigatoni introduces himself to "Uncle Buck" the cat.

"I've fallen, and I can't get up"


 Two shots of JuJu & Ziti



Aunt Polli had a big play session today on the couch with the pups:








Voodoo

Biscotti

Risotto 

Ready...set.... GO!  Everybody run toward the litterbox...the water bowl...the kitchen!

Miss Tiramisu

"That sly, come-hither stare"

Rrrrowwwrrrrr!

A matched pair - Rigatoni & Biscotti

Tiramisu watching the shenanigans of her brothers...just about to join in!

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, when matching a pup to my household, we like Dio-era Sabbath a bit better. I know for some folks that would be a deal breaker, but in choosing a pup, honesty is the best policy to avoid problems down the road.

    We also like Tallis Scholars, and Patty Griffin, and Belle and Sebastian. We like Ani better than Tori, and Sashing Pumpkins more than Pearl Jam, and the older Decemberists sound better than the new one. And we Love the dead weather.

    ReplyDelete